I developed this Program originally for the iPod and since for this website to meet the requirements of the OSHA LAWS & NFPA Standards and created TEMPLATES for questions to teach as many of the laws and standards necessary to hit all the points on the NJDOP oral examination for promotion within your fire department within the State of NJ.
The Magic Formula is to WORK Hard & Smart. The Homework and Reference links are sorted out and organized (FORMATTED) but the work must be put in Learning to FORMAT & DELIVER your Response Orally.
I use iTunes to organize my information which is always on while driving in my car. I call it my 24 hour tutor. I update my material to keep up with the most up to date standards and reference material available an I make sure that every template is accurate so the repetition is on point and effective and I learn the correct response like a song.
Scenario #1- Question #1. (Size Up)
What FACTORS must you consider when fighting this fire.
1. WIND SPEED AND DIRECTION
2. BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
3. WATER SUPPLY
4. FIRE SPREAD TO EXPOSURES
5. ATTIC CHEMICALS
6. APPARATUS PLACEMENT
7. POSSIBLE LIFE HAZARDS IN EXPOSURES
8. LOCATION AND EXTENT OF FIRE
Scenario #1- Question #2. (IMS)
What ACTIONS would you take.
1. ESTABLISH COMMAND
2. ESTABLISH WATER SUPPLY
3. STRETCH HOSE VIA INTERIOR TO ATTIC
4. REQUEST HAZMAT
5. REQUEST ADDITIONAL ALARMS
6. EVACUATE EXPOSURES
7. PRIMARY SEARCH AND RESCUE
8. VENT THE ROOF
9. REQUEST EMS
10. STRETCH BACK UP HOSE LINE
11. PROVIDE SECONDARY EGRESS
12. FULL PPE
13. REPORT SIZE UP
14. SAFETY OFFICER
Scenario #2- Question #1. Steps to implement School Fire Prevention Program.
1. MEET with selected firefighters.
2. GET INPUT
3. CONDUCT TRAINING for firefighters
4. MEET with school LIAZON to discuss program
5. Submit PROGRESS REPORT to BC
6. Set GOALS & OBJECTIVES
7. SCHEDULE MEETING to EVALUATE PROGRESS
8. OUTLINE EXPECTATIONS of firefighters
9. SUBMIT Press Release.
Scenario #2- Question #2. Subordinate Progressive Discipline.
1. PULL RECORDS (Fact Finding Mission)
2. MEET WITH EACH FF SEPARATELY
3. MEET WITH MS JONES AND MS PHILIPS SEPARATELY
4. CONDUCT A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION
5. DOCUMENT INVESTIGATION
6. PREPARE A WRITTEN REPORT TO CHIEF
7. PROVIDE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE ACTIONS
Scenario #3- Question #1. What are your INITIAL ACTIONS.
1. ROLLING SIZE UP
2. ESTABLISH COMMAND
3. SECURE A WATER SUPPLY
4. STRETCH A HOSE LINE
5. SSR– TO DISPATCH
6. PRIMARY SEARCH AND RESCUE
7. STRETCH A BACK UP HOSE LINE.
8. ADDITIONAL RESOURCES (2UPERSWAR)
9. LIPC-RECEO VS
Scenario #3- Question #2. EVOLVING INCIDENT
FLASHOVER occurs, What are your ACTIONS?
1. CALL/ACTIVATE ADDITIONAL ALARMS
2. PROGRESS REPORTS
3. CONDUCT PAR
4. STRETCH ADDITIONAL HOSE LINES
5. CHECK FOR EXTENTION
6. STRETCH EXPOSURE LINES FOR DOWNWIND STRUCTURES.
7. SECURE SECONDARY WATER SUPPLY
8. TRANSMIT PROGRESS REPORTS
Scenario #3- Question #3. Subordinate SOP Training
FF makes several mistakes. When returning to the firehouse how do you handle this situation?
4. ADVISE BC
6. POINT OUT MISTAKES
7. SCHEDULE TRAINING AND DRILLS
10. POINT OUT POSSITIVES
11. KEEP BC INFORMED.